What Is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is sending commercial messages through email to current or prospective customers who have given permission to your business to contact them. Email marketing is one of the most important segments of internet marketing. It is also one of the most effective forms of direct marketing.
What Are The Advantages Of Email Marketing?
Email is easy, quick, inexpensive, and a powerful way of connecting with your current or potential customers. The following are some of the advantages of email marketing:
- Low Cost: Email marketing costs very less compared to other channels of internet marketing. You can send the same mail to a large number of current or potential customers at a negligible cost. It costs the same regardless of number of people you send it to and the distance involved.
- Easy: It is very easy to learn the basics of creating an email marketing campaign. Automation tools are available to learn to create newsletters, offers, updates, and campaigns to send to your current and potential customers with little practice.
- Speedy: You can create e-mail campaigns much faster than creating campaigns for other marketing channels. An email reaches its recipient in minutes and delivers your message at the right time to your current or potential customers.
- Convenient: An email message can be stored in the receivers’ inbox and they can read it whenever it is convenient for them. You can maintain a record of messages sent and replies received for future use.
- Personalized: Email marketing is a personal way of reaching your customers. Email marketing automation tools allow you to address your customers by name, which helps to build personal relationships by sending warm and friendly messages. It also allows you to split topics only for certain customers and send different messages to different customers.
Why Email Marketing Is Vital For Your Business
Email marketing is vital for your business because your can:
- Drive Traffic: You can drive traffic to your website by communicating with your targeted customers using newsletters, offers, and updates.
- Increase Conversions: Email marketing results in higher conversion rates, as you can target prospective customers who are interested in your product or service and have already signed up to receive your messages.
- Real-Time Messages: You can send real-time messages when it is most beneficial to your business. It allows you to deliver the right message at the right time. You can greet your customers on the very day of their birthdays and anniversaries and impress them.
- Targeted Marketing: You can segment your marketing list and custom-create your email messages in accordance with your customers’ interests and preferences. You can target specific customers based on their actions and behavior relating to their interest in certain products or services by using good email marketing software.
- Build Relationships: Email marketing enables you to communicate directly with leads, potential customers, current customers, and past customers while building relationships.
- Measurable: You can monitor, analyze, and evaluate the performance of your email campaigns by using good email marketing software. This allows you to track who didn’t open your email, who opened your email, which links were clicked, and what action was taken by the recipient. This allows you to make adjustments and improve the effectiveness of your marketing campaign.
- Increase Sales: At the end of the day, every marketing campaign is aimed at making sales. You can increase your sales greatly with proper implementation of email campaign strategies.
Your business can also leverage the advantages of email marketing by using services of a good email marketing platform. There are many email marketing platforms out there offering a variety of email marketing automation software. We recommend using the services of Constant Contact and GetResponse as they are the best of the lot. You can create stunning email campaigns easily and quickly by using professional templates, design tools, drag & drop editors offered by Constant Contact and GetResponse. Both these platforms also offer the most effective email marketing software tools to track and evaluate the success of your email campaign and improve it to achieve your business goals.